Friday, March 16, 2007

Sentimental junk

The weekend approaches, as much as I want to just sit back and relax, it is not to be.



This weekend is the week we are completely moving out of our old place (the one I was staying at up until last month). We will be moving all the things to my brothers place, and I will be officially moved out of that place, and settling into my new life, post college days.



Moving is a real pain,everyone knows that, on the muscles, as well as the mind. All the packing, lifting and unpacking only serves to remind you that you are going far far away to a place other than where you used to call home.



Worst part of it all is, being the principle tenant in our current place, he has taken the master room, along with the bathroom, and my mother is now relegated to my room, which incidentally is the smallest one there. So my mom is also my roomie from now one. Furthermore, since I am working now, my brother insist on charging me rental for the room!



Cant say it isnt fair since I am living there to. But considering that for now I am only working on a temporary day to day basis, you cant really expect me to be earning good money right? So much for saving cash to buy a camera.



The last issue that is really a pain in the butt for me is this: I am of the opinion that only the essential things be brought along. The rest of these 'sentimental

which we claim to be valuable but leave to collect dust over the years, are really just junk with a high emotional price tag. I said anything you havent seen for 6 months and still not notice it is junk. But my brother cant get himself to throw these things away, and just got defensive.



In the end, its the will of the person paying for it all that prevails. So this weekend, I will expect myself to be carrying a lot of (his) junk, since my own junk have been thrown away mercilessly a few weeks back. And trust me, the sheer amount of junk my brother has is just ridiculous.



So that all until next week! Take care.