Monday, October 03, 2005

Loving angels

"..and through it all she offers me protection
a lot of love and affection
whether I’m right or wrong
and down the waterfall
wherever it may take me
I know that life wont break me
when I come to call she wont forsake me
I’m loving angels instead"




That pretty much sums up how i feel about life sometimes. Every once in a while, i feel angry and outraged by the situation i'm in, thinking how unfair life is alot of times. But i guess deep down inside, i feel grateful for some of things that i have. On top of this list is of course my girlfriend. The amount of support and love that she has shown me throughout our 3 years plus together has been one of the few constant source of strength and inspiration to me. When times are bad, like now, im am touched to know just how much she is willing to give and sacrifice just to ease my suffering and to help in whatever way she can. It angers me knowing that there are people out there that dislike her, simply based on appearances, people that think lesser of her, just because she comes from a broken home. One particular person even went to the extent to sat that she may be a bad influence to me! A bad influence! An influence she has been to me, but it has been anything but bad.

I can say with the most certainty that my life has changed because of her. Since the day i met her 4 years ago, my life has never been the same. I know this for sure, because the person i am today is shaped by the experiences that i have been through, and without her, i would not have gained the experiences and hard learned lessons that i hold closely to my heart today. I feel for certain that i am more mature now than i would have been have i not met her. Can you seriously call that a bad influence? Being with her and growing together in our relationship, i have learned slowly and painfully, that life is about giving not taking and that love can only grow if it is shared. Many people go into a relationship with what they want in mind, and the kind of relationship they want. But after a while, i discover that thats not the way it works. The form a relationship takes depends on the commitment both have of each other, just how much both think of giving before taking.

This all my sound like pointless blabbering, but then thats on my mind now.

"....down the waterfall wherever it may take me I know that life wont break me. when I come to call she wont forsake me I’m loving angels instead."

The love that i have sometimes surprises even me. I never thought it possible to love and care for a peorson so much. To love someone else as much if not more that you love yourself. The feeling is a little to overwhelming sometimes, and its as if im literally loving an angel. Do you know how that feels? True love does not come suddenly. There is no 'love at first sight'. True love is grown, nurtured over time. I'm glad i've learnt that at an eary age.

If i needed proof of God's presence and care in my life, i guess she is the answer.