Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Lost My WaLLet

CAUTION: THE FOLLOWING IS MERELY AN EXPRESSION OF FRUSTRATION AND ME TRYING TO LET OF STEAM, SO DONT EXPECT MUCH

More like i was robbed! well, at least its half true, and that's how it feels! I was in the internet cafe, writing the previous blog, when suddenly, my wallet vanished! i checked my pockets, not there, got everyone around me and got down on my knees, looking, still not there. but i did manage to find my college id card and my ic. Seems those were useless to that stupid guy who took it. I was very frustrated and angry, yet i was happy to at least salvage my id cards. i wan angry at myself for letting my wallet slip out. Even angrier because i sat nect to the person that so obviously stole my wallet.

He was right beside me, had the cheek to take my wallet and not return it, throw away my ids and walk away like its perfectly normal to steal a persons wallet when he's right beside you. I was mixed with all this conflicting emotions, angry, sad, happy.. its just so damn confusing some times.

Back to reality, here i was in the cafe with my wallet gone and no money to pay my bill. How strange that, after i lost my wallet while writing about my lack of friends in my previous blog,here i was, stranded and needing a friend the most to bail me out. A coincidence?so there i was having no money and no real buddy that i can call and comfortably ask a favor from. I tried calling my darling, but she was working. So i sat there thinking about who i can call. At last, i called a class mate, a guy that i am on good terms with, reasonably close to ask a favor of RM4. So i gave him a call, he comes over, bails me out and i left feeling so sore.

i wouldnt feel so angry about it if i had left the place and came back to find it missing. What really pisses me off is that this guy saw my wallet, realised that i am right beside him and STILL decides that its his every right to take it! Finders keepers indeed! Pissed of thinking that i sat right beside him for at least and hour, and there he went with my RM150, and my atms, and not to mention, photos are priceless!!! It seems that my darlings fate and mine are similar, she having lost her wallet in the ladies room about a month ago.

You would expect to be better that guys. I personally always felt that women have, to a certain extent a better sense of right and wrong that we cold heartless and selfish men. But NOOOoo.. i was proven wrong when ,coming back barely 10 minutes later, my darlings wallet was magically vaporised. There was no return of the wallet at the counter and no wallets found around the stairs. We were thankfull that the management of Amcorp mall were so willing to help. So much for my noble view concerning women.. conclusion?...

WOMEN ARE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN MEN

all are just as capable of doing what the other can do. but deep down inside, i do believe that men and women are equal, no the same. and i just hope that not all women are the same as men when it comes to finding things that dont belong to you!

Losing my wallet for the fist time in my life, how frustrating!