Thursday, August 03, 2006

Runway mom.. briefly

So its my birthday night. We are all having dinner, sitting around the living room. My mother stays most of the time in her room, not wanting to come out. After dinner, we all went in my brothers car to send one of my friends off and have supper.

It was turning out to be quite an ok birthday. Chatting and laughing among friends. Coming home 2am in the morning, my mothers door was still closed, so i assumed she was asleep.

The next morning, as we we just about to go out again, i went into her room to wake her up, wanting to ask her if she wants to come along. To my surprise she wasnt there. I had bolted the door the last night before sleeping, and when i checked, it was still bolted. That meant that she went off after i left the house and before i returned later.

Again... i told myself.... She did it again.

I didint know how to react this time. I was too tired to feel angry, just very frustrated. So i let it be. I told my brother and father and just went about my day. I knew it was just a matter of time before she called.

True enough, on Sunday night she called saying she was on her way home and please pick her up 4am in the morning at the bus station.

So Monday morning i picked her up and brough t her home again.

Ths time round, i didnt ask much, didnt scold much. i just told her the nex time round she runs away, dont expect me to come pick her up at such ungodly hour again. If she wanted to run away on her own for reasons only known to her, then come back on your own.