Thursday, January 04, 2007

Slow to a crawl!

Its been hard trying to go online these few days.

Just in case the rest of the world doesnt know yet, Asia is suffering from what seems to be the first ever Internet crisis in the region..

There was an earthquake during Christmas time which destroyed some under ground cables off the coast of Taiwan, which of course are the very cables that connect us together.

So as they are saying in the papers now, its back to 1997, where dial up speeds were as fast as a turtle on steroids. Just trying to get into blogger took soo long!

As expected, my mother did return. The worst part of it all was that I had to go pick her up in the middle of the night once again at the bus station. She went back to our old place and caused a mini havoc by sleeping outside our house and going to the lawyers office, trying to cancel the sale of the house.

But she returned duly and now, she's at home again, walking around without her pants, making arguments here and there, and of finding a tonne of faults with everything. Her attacks on my girlfriend has turn move vicious recently, resulting in a few skirmishes between them. I had to step in and stop their shouting. My girlfriend is now rather upset about the whole matter, and i suspect it wont be long before she moves out to stay with her younger brother, whose about to graduate from secondary school and perhaps leaving the shelter home.

I have given up trying to give her medication. Just before she made her disappearance, I tried giving her medication to her in a drink. Just like the last time, she resisted and we got into a scuffle, with the drink spilling all over the room. I lost my temper, splashed the rest of it on her face and walked away. I mopped the floor, changed the bed sheet, and even had to wash her hair for her. That night, she didnt eat, so i made soup for her. I secretly put some of the medicine in the soup and she drank about half of it before taking off the next day.

Since she came back, things haven't improved much. She's back to walking around the house in her underwear, and when i screamed at her again last night for not dressing decently, she called me a peeping tom. Well, peeping tom or not, i am give up trying to do anything. I just left her medicine for her, for her to take on her own will.

Instead, I spoke to my brother, and finally her agreed to send her to the hospital if she doesnt improve which is of course very likely. I hope this time my brother comes through with his word and sends her to the hospital within these few days, for her own good. We agreed on a few things. The whole situation seems to have turned into vicious cycle with her going in and out of relapse and running away. I told my brother we cant be feeding her her medication day by day like that. But we also could not just leave her to take the medication on her own. In her own words, she feels that she isnt sick, and even even if she was, she would like to get better by stop depending on the medication. The fact is, she wont take her medication on her own initiative. In the end, we agreed that a monthly injection was the best solution to our problem. That way, we dont have to watch over her day to day wondering if she skipped her medication. The trick is how to get her to go with us once a month to the doctors.