Thursday, January 04, 2007

Some guys get all the fun...

I was shopping with my girlfriends younger brother on new years eve.

He's only 17 years old, but if you see my caroling pictures, he's rather good looking.In fact, at his young age he already has had dozens of women interested in him with 2 past relationships to his report. A world apart from some of my friends, who are 22 but have not even been on a date before.

We went into this one show, looking for a ladies blouse for her friend. Now, I have been in that shop dozens of times, but never have I received service like that before. The sales promoter (obviously female) came over, being all friendly and helpful with our shopping, suggesting this and that. But obviously enough, she was really just taking the opportunity to talk to this cute guy!

In fact, she wasn't just being helpful and friendly, she was outright flirting, right before my very eyes. She was hitting on him, subtly trying to find out if my companion was shopping for a special friend or not. Of course, this 'brother' of mine is no stranger to women hitting on him. He just takes it in his stride and strolls confidently through the conversation.

Now, say what you want, but I think its crazy not to feel even a tingle of envy there. I mean, I'm 21 years old and I have never had a woman come up to me and talk to me like that, flirting and all. There he was, someone more like a little brother to me more than anything else, and he's getting all the attention! I guess there's no question who's th more eligible eh?

Well, in all honesty, I would love to know how it feels like to be on be on the receiving end of such things. I know it may sound ridiculous, but hey, how many guys do YOU know who have girls throwing themselves at their feet? Its flattering, and it cant be bad for the ego right? :p

Good looking guys get all the fun. Birds of a feather flock together, so what kind of women are these hunks likely to attract? You got it, babes. Its shallow i know, but that's life for you! Good looking people stick together, good looking people get attracted to good looking people. The rest of us are the same, only we end up settling for others more down to earth.

I heard this analogy once. Men approach women and cars in the same way. We all dream of the Lamborghini's and Ferrari's, but in the end, we settle down with our Toyota's and Honda's. We idolize the Aston Martins but we love our our cars to bits. But for different reasons. The Aston Martins represents the car of all cars. The ultimate automotive. But given the chance, not many of us would want (read expensive) to own one without first being a gozilliannaire. So we settle for the trusty and reliable old jalopy, and because it still gets us from A to B, and we bought it with money earned through sweat and hard work, we love it like it was an Aston Martin anyway.
That being said, beautiful women normally belong to the real of super rich man, or in this case, really really cute 17 years olds who looks good enough to eat.