Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Flying on 1 wing

That's how its been feeling these few days. Few days ago, I sent my darling of to college or boarding school. It was all very hectic and I didn't have time to rest until it was too late. I was pretty much too preoccupied, rushing too many things at once that caused me to fall sick. Among the things that were on my list

1. Do six people's worth of worrying for an assignment due on Monday and its already Thursday.
2. Worry about Darling whose facing very new challenges
3. Finding proper excuse for undone tutorials.

as you can see, I'm not good at making lists.

But anyway by the time it was night, I still had to secretly meet my dad coming down from Singapore because we were getting shoes secretly without my step mom knowing. So in the end, at 2 I was done and exhausted. 20 hours without rest. And I felt the fever coming.

next day, couldn't walk, eat, barely talk.. and I was all alone... no darling. I was thinking, is this my body's reaction to her absence? maybe. But I was still sick... for 4 days. To make a long story short I just got well today, still not having any appetite.


Falling sick and not having your loved one around is like trying to fly with one wing. Create a lot of commotion, but barely being able to fly anywhere, just a lot of mess. I did manage, by just sleeping it off. But nothing beats the feeling of being taken care of when you are ill. So when my darling was back for the weekend. I took the opportunity to soak up all I can! Needless to say, it is not just medicine that heals. When my darling was around, I instantly felt better, or that I might get well at any moment,

when you are with your loved one, the pain doesn't feel that bad. the aches don't bother that much, and strength just seem to flow out of you. What can I say, LOVE heals. After all, love is a verb. So for now, I am feeling better, just starting to miss my darling. Darling, if you read this, I love you very much, I wish you were here, but that's ok, you do what you have to do, and I'll be right here waiting for you.