Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Body beautiful ExLusive

  Recently, I restarted going swimming after a long time. I remembered enjoying swimming as a kid and into my early teens. But then somehow, the pounds started to pile and I suddenly became 'pool shy'. Not that I used to be a thin fellow. Just that from a regular 'ok but kinda overweight' guy, I became I 'kinda ok but definitely overweight' guy, thus the long absence from the swimmin pool. Now that I have made the decision to go swimming again with my darling, I have told myself, the swimming pool is NOT a exclusive club for body beautiful people.

  After about a month plus of going swimming, I'm glad to report that my darling and I are enjoying it to the max and don't really care if people stare or not. We are here to swim and that's what everyone else should be doing too! But when I swim in college, and there are a dozen of hormone controlled males looking at the all the 'leng lois' there and not taking the least bit effort to make what they are doing a little less obvious. I do admit, it's natural for guys to look at girls. Afterall, there's nothing wrong with appreciating something that is  beautiful right? be it a beautiful girl or a beautiful BMW 6 series...

Despite the busy job of looking at the girls, I'm glad that at least everyone there didn't forget their purpose and still do a little swimming. I also feel a little better going swimming now, with the knowledge that there are other of us overweight people that visit the swimming pool and not shy away because of our imperfections. If fact, I it gives me more guts to walk out in my tiny swimming trunk and giant pot belly and not just jump into a hole somewhere. Surprisingly, some of these overweight people are very seasoned and skilled swimmers, even better than those body beautiful people!

In the end, I'm sure all are there to enjoy the water and have a good time swimming. So I guess I should not be too critical of those body beautiful people. But I am concerned, because my darling is terrified that I become too thin and that I would not want her anymore. Nonsense! But try telling her that. Maybe after every swim, I should go swallow a bar of butter, just to 'stay in shape'! =>